Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Post

Dear friends

I'm Miss Keloid. My keloid defines me as a person. It been a life long scar of mine. It never been a moment that I feel completely free of my scar. I always feels it. It's right there on my shoulder. It's itchy. It's painful. It's growing everyday. It's a big secret of my life. I rarely tell people about my keloid, because a few people I have told in the past think I have cancer (how ignorant). It's really hard for normal people to understand what keloid is, especially when it's growing. People raise eye browns and think I'm crazy to not try to fix this. But they don't know that there is no cure for keloid.

It been so long...since last time I ever worn a sleeveless, enjoyed going to a swimming pool,  and got a good night sleep on the left side. Growing up experience has been painful. I used to get hit on the shoulder all the time because other kids think I pretend to cry. Part of this makes it hard for me to trust people. I'm pretty sure some of you who have keloid like me do share the same feeling...

my scar right before a first steroid shot in 5 years

No comments:

Post a Comment