Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cica Care | My life saver

A lot of people think this does not work for them. But for me this is my life saver. I use Cica-Care on my keloid between each injection. It doesn't get rid of the scar but it makes my day to day activity more bearable. The gel sheet also has light steroid on it so it helps with the itchiness around the area. It also protect my scar if I ever accidental bump it on to something. You know how painful that is. I put this on my shoulder and secure it with a bunch of band-aids. Since my keloid is on the shoulder, this minimize the movement of the skin around the scar. So it slow down the spreading process.  

5 comments:

  1. Thank you to tell us so much useful information. So nice sharing. I’m glad to read it.

    Keloid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I been dealing with this by my self for so long. I'm glad I can share this.

      Delete
  2. I have just come across your blog while googling about Keloid scars! I actually have the exact same keloid on my arm in the same position and am going to go through and read all of our posts.
    I agree its so hard trying to explain to people what a keloid is, wearing sleeveless tops is existant and even wearing a bikini to the beach is hard!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy to connect with you! Wearing sleeveless is something I haven't done for really long time. But don't let that stop you from wearing cute dresses. There are many options out there for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you please update on your scar timeline/progress? i have a keloid scar exactly same spot as u on my left shoulder, but thicker and bigger in size compared to yours. i am so conscious and upset about it yet there is no way i can help it. i tried many ways and i am feeling like im giving up. mine was developed from a bcg vaccination when i was 12. it developed since and grew longer and bigger in size. now im 23, trying to cope with it that its growing...

    sigh

    ReplyDelete